Cecily's book reviews

My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult The story of a thirteen year old saviour sibling who sues her parents for medical emancipation so she can’t be forced to donate a kidney to her sister (having already endured many medical procedures, including being conceived to help her sister). Different chapters told by different characters, which is not very original, but works OK, except for one new character who narrates 1½ pages before you discover how she fits in the story, which is annoying rather than intriguing. Also, the odd sentence that is so poorly structured as to be unintelligible at first reading. Nevertheless, a page turner, albeit quite a quick one.

The Illustrated Gormenghast Trilogy