Cecily's book reviews

SPOILER ALERT!
Framley Parsonage - Anthony Trollope The 4th Barchester novel, mainly re the vicar Mark Robarts, but also Proudies, Grantlys, Greshams, Dr Thorne and Miss Dunstable. A less pleasant read in some ways because you know Mark is doomed (in the medium term, even though he is probably rescued at the end), can see it all coming and wish he did too. Aspects of the plot are too similar to the immediately preceding Barchester (titled young man possibly marrying beneath him). Too much financial detail at times (though necessary for the plot) and too much general pontificating about politics at times (less necessary - eg all the stuff about Titians and giants (and what's the difference?)).

The Illustrated Gormenghast Trilogy