Cecily's book reviews

SPOILER ALERT!
The Last Chronicle of Barset - Anthony Trollope, Sophie Gilmartin The 6th Barchester novel. Much about the pauper perpetual curate Josiah Crawley and the charge that he stole £20. A wonderful scene where he confronts the Proudies about clerical law allowing him to continue until or unless convicted. Lily Dale still irritatingly "good" and Jonnie Eames not as sympathetic a character as he should be. Interestingly not as happy an ending, or with as many loose ends tidied up as one might expect - especially given that it was explicitly written as the last in the series.

The Illustrated Gormenghast Trilogy