Cecily's book reviews

Kafka - Klaus Wagenbach Brief, glossy biog, with coloured footnotes and one-sentence summary at the bottom of each page. Good for a quick catch-up, though some of the chronology jumps about and he underplays the significance of the women in his life. However, it is quite good on expanding background details of people, places and institutions that were significant in his life.

See my Kafka-related bookshelf for other works by and about Kafka (http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/1199525-cecily?format=html&order=a&shelf=kafka).

The Illustrated Gormenghast Trilogy