Cecily's book reviews

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops - Jen Campbell An amusing stocking-filler, but very quick and light. It works better as a Twitter feed, or just dipping into the book occasionally.

On second thoughts, read Mark's review and feel guilty because "they are being offered to us not as witty and amusing and clever things people have said but just feeding us an opportunity to laugh at people rather than with. To belittle the stupid or the 'ill-educated'."

Also, see comment 5 by Petra X:
"I have people who come in and scan all the books they want into their phone and buy them on Amazon.

If you do this in a US bookshop and you actually purchase the books from Amazon while you are there, they will give you an extra 5% discount. This turns US bookshops into Amazon stores where the bookshop owner pays the rent, staff, taxes, electricity, books and every other expense and Amazon gets the profit. "

I don't know if the same is true in the UK, but it's shocking.

The Illustrated Gormenghast Trilogy