Cecily's book reviews

The Complete Maus - Art Spiegelman What has always troubled me about the book is that cats are natural predators of mice, so the analogy with the Holocaust seems dangerously wrong.

However, in a comment on Steve's thought-provoking review (http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/291528719), Ian pointed out, "My concern is that, if we fail to draw analogies with other, "lesser" conflicts, we might not see the next Holocaust coming. If we think of the Holocaust as qualitatively unique, we might become complacent. I think there are analogies at the level of playground bullying (especially when it leads to murder or suicide)."

Those thoughts, along with some of the other comments, have almost persuaded me to try a graphic novel...

The Illustrated Gormenghast Trilogy