Cecily's book reviews

A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers - Xiaolu Guo The diary of a 24 year old Chinese woman coming to London to learn English. Written in broken English (which gradually improves) and using a word and its definition as the "hook" for each brief chapter. Some interesting insights into the differences between the two languages (no verb tenses in Chinese) as well as the two cultures, and indeed how language differences perhaps even frame the cultural differences.

See another novel of hers: Twenty Fragments of a Revenous Youth: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/76018434

The Illustrated Gormenghast Trilogy